You Are What You Read

Reviews of books as I read them. This is basically a (web)log of books I've read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I am a DBA/database analyst by day, full time father on evenings and weekends.

Friday, January 08, 2010

2009 Review

2009 was quite a year in many respects. I read a wide variety of books: nonfiction, fiction, fantasy, science fiction, short books, long books, audio books, lecture courses. A total of 42 books, including 2 lecture courses.

I think the most memorable book I read this year was Perdido Street Station. It was a wild, surprising and emotional ride. Other memorable books were Anathem, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, and Foucault's Pendulum. Philip Roth's American Pastoral was also an intense story. The Savage Detectives and Matter were also good books to read.

I enjoyed Steven Pinker's The Stuff of Thought and I plan to read more of his works. I am a Strange Loop was also informative. And I also thought The Hero with a Thousand Faces was insightful.

I already have a stack of 10 books I received as Christmas gifts to read for the new year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home