You Are What You Read

Reviews of books as I read them. This is basically a (web)log of books I've read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I am a DBA/database analyst by day, full time father on evenings and weekends.

Monday, January 21, 2013

A review of 2012

I read less in 2012. One of the main reasons is that my commute is shorter so I have less time in the car. The last book I listened to during my commute was The Night Circus. I've also had less time to read during lunch. Only 25 books in on year, less than the previous year. The television and Xbox are also to blame.

The highlights in 2012 were The Magicians and The Magician King. These were pleasant surprises. The concept was interesting, if unoriginal, but it was executed with originality. The sequel expanded on the themes and characters while providing a different challenge.

I was also pleased with A Storm of Swords and look forward to reading the next book soon. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms was also a great read, and its sequel was fun. I've found myself reading much less nonfiction and focusing on science fiction and fantasy. This has been by design, though I hope to read more nonfiction in the future. I also haven't read any translated literature in quite a while.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home