You Are What You Read

Reviews of books as I read them. This is basically a (web)log of books I've read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I am a DBA/database analyst by day, full time father on evenings and weekends.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

2011 in Review

42 books. That's how many I read in 2011, including audiobooks and lecture series. A pretty good year. I was reading during my lunch break for a while during the year but my schedule changed so I usually went swimming instead. I found myself reading less as the year went on and I got occupied doing different things.

My favorite books of the year: The Skinner; C; Freedom; The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet; and Atonement. My favorite book I read this year was The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet. Honorable mention goes to Christopher Hitchens' Arguably.

I finished two series this year, the His Dark Materials series and the Aubrey/Maturin series. I also started the Sword of Truth series. For 2012, one of my goals is to finish the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. I must admit I have a love/hate relationship with book series. The second book alone of the Sword of Truth was nearly a thousand pages long.

Another goal is to finally read 2666 by Roberto BolaƱo, another long book. Also, I have a shelf full of books I've accumulated that I'd like to read, and a list on the library web site that's close to fifty books.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home