You Are What You Read

Reviews of books as I read them. This is basically a (web)log of books I've read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I am a DBA/database analyst by day, full time father on evenings and weekends.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010 Review

2010 was a good year for books and for my reading. I managed to read 46 books, including one graphic novel and several audiobooks. That doesn't include the many chidlren's books I've read with my kids. December was a banner month with 8 books finished.

The most memorable books I read this year were The Lost Books of the Odyssey, Hellhound on his Trail, The Drunkard's Walk, The Blank Slate, and Son of a Witch. I also really enjoyed reading the Lankhmar series.

I read mostly fiction but a good bit of nonfiction. I focused mainly on fantasy novels that I've been wanting to read. I did not read many classics--the oldest book I read was Babbitt. Maybe I'll read more this year.

I am looking forward to getting to some unfinished series this year. I need to read the last book of the Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series; the last book of the His Dark Materials trilogy; the rest of George R. R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series; more Dune books; the last of the Liveship Traders trilogy. I've got Gene Wolfe's Book of the Short Sun to read. There are seven books on my bookshelf lined up for me to read. I've got two audiobooks and three lecture series lined up. And lastly, there are about 50 books on my library list waiting for me to request them. I don't think I'll be running out of things to read in 2011.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home