You Are What You Read

Reviews of books as I read them. This is basically a (web)log of books I've read.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I am a DBA/database analyst by day, full time father on evenings and weekends.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sequels

I've got several sequels I need to read in the near future. For some reason, I'm not generally the kind of reader who will read a whole series in one swoop. I don't know if it's because I haven't found a series that good, or if it's just my ADD nature that I get bored reading the same thing over again and need a fresh book, a new genre, or a switch to nonfiction. That being said, here are some sequels that I intend to read soon:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I really should read this and the final book soon, since my wife Gretchen can't stand not being able to talk about it with me. But I think I'll wait a while, as long as I read it before the movie comes out.

Dune Messiah, by Frank Herbert. I definitely want to read more of the Dune books. Eventually.

The New World, by Michael A. Stackpole. I've read the first two books of the trilogy and am ready to read this final book, which just came out. This will be one of the next books I read.

A Clash of Kings, by George R. R. Martin. This has been on my list for a while.

Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser books, by Fritz Leiber. Some of the best fantasy ever written. Also on my list for a while.

Aubrey/Maturin series, by Patrick O'Brian. I'm listening to number 10 now. For some reason this series I've been pretty good about picking up the next book (audiobook). I think because the plot and narration are excellent, and it's fun and easy to listen to in the car.

There's this sense of anticipation or abeyance now, waiting to pick up the next installment. Part of me worries if I'll remember everything that happened in the previous book, especially in A Clash of Kings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home